We respect your privacy.
- A visitor to our website;
- A supplier or service provider; or
- A customer who has ordered the goods or services that we provide.
- Certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website; and
- Optional information that you provide to us voluntarily.
- Information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- Permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically; or
- Non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us.
Personal information includes information we collect (i) automatically when you visit our website and (ii) from you voluntarily. It excludes (i) anonymous, (ii) de-identified, (iii) non-personal statistical and (iv) public information.
- Identifying information – such as your name, date of birth or identification number of any kind;
- Contact information – such as your phone number or email address;
- Address information – such as your physical or postal address; or
- Company information – such as your company incorporation records, tax and VAT records, credit history, invoices and statements, insurance information and partner details.
Sensitive personal information
- Financial information – such as your bank account details;
- Sensitive demographic information – such as your race or ethnicity;
- Health information – such as your fitness to work; or
- Criminal information – such as information about your commission or alleged commission of any offence or about any related legal proceedings through our external or internal disclosure channels.
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you provide goods or services to us, order any of our goods or order, register for, or use our website for any of our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not provide goods or services to us, order any of our goods or order, register for, or use the website for any of our services.
You may not access our website or order our goods or services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have the legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal information, or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website, or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you continue to provide goods or services to us, use our website or our goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you, and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
Once you register on our website or applications or as a vendor, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal information. This personal information may include:
- Your name and surname;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- Your postal address or street address; or
- Your username.
We will use this personal information to fulfil your account, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
When you order any goods or services from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (goods information or services information).
You may provide us with personal information when you attend an event hosted by us.
From your browser
Third party cookies
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. We use this information collected off our website and share it with our advertising platforms to carry out marketing initiatives. All the information that we share is anonymous and encrypted and we make sure that our third-party service providers comply with relevant data protection laws. We may provide this information, including identifiers that allow our advertising platforms to deliver targeted online advertising on social media and websites.
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us, unless you specifically request us not to.
Purpose for collection
We may use or process any goods information, services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
- Goods or services purposes – such as:
- Processing orders or requisitions for goods or services;
- Managing contracts and/or service level agreements;
- Managing customer credit in general;
- Processing customer requests or complaints;
- Keeping our records and information up to date;
- Understanding our data subjects’ needs better; and
- Providing support to our customers.
- Marketing purposes – such as:
- Marketing to customers;
- Marketing to prospects; and
- Running promotional competitions for the business.
- Business purposes – such as:
- Managing visitors to our website, suppliers, service providers and customers in general;
- Internal audit;
- Accounting; and
- Business planning and due diligence, joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions.
- Legal purposes – such as:
- Handling claims and enforcing debts; and
- Complying with regulations or pursuing good corporate governance.
- Remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access our website;
- Monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- Track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of our website.
- Goods or services purposes – such as:
Consent to collection
When we need explicit consent, we will obtain your consent to collect your personal information in accordance with applicable law when you provide us with it. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the validity of the processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
We may process your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you. We will only process your personal information
- With your explicit consent;
- Where it is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract with you;
- Where it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation; or
- Where we can show legitimate grounds for processing your personal information.
Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about our website or goods and services. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
While you are logged into our website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on your personal information. In a completely automated process, computers process the personal information and match it to adverts or related information. We never share personal information with any advertiser unless you specifically provide us with your consent to do so. Advertisers receive a record of the total number of impressions and clicks for each advert. They do not receive any personal information. If you click on an advert, we may send a referring URL to the advertiser’s website identifying that a customer is visiting from the website. We do not send personal information to advertisers with the referring URL. Once you are on the advertiser’s website however, the advertiser is able to collect your personal information.
- Other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria); or
- Other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose your personal information if required:
- By a subpoena or court order;
- To comply with any law;
- To protect the safety of any individual or the general public; or
- To prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on our website or by other appropriate means. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time, we may request you to update your personal information. You are able to review or update any personal information by emailing or phoning us. Note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- Retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- You have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
Restriction of processing
You may request that we restrict the use of your personal information. When we restrict your personal information, we still have the right to store it but not use it.
Transfer to another country
We may send personal information outside of South Africa to various countries. We will only transfer data to other countries who have similar privacy laws to South Africa’s that provide an adequate level of protection, or to recipients who can guarantee the protection of personal information to the same standard we must protect it.
Request what information we hold on you
You may request access to your personal information or to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold on you.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us by clicking the relevant menu in any of the pages on our website or contacting us by phone or email.
Withdrawal of consent or objection to processing
You may withdraw your consent where we are relying on consent as a lawful justification to process. You may also object to our processing where we are relying on another lawful justification for processing. Note that if you do so, we might not be able to provide goods or services to you or procure goods or services from you.
We may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity for you to access these rights. This is to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to an unauthorised person.
Raise a complaint
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of personal information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact the Information Regulator at POPIAComplaints@inforegulator.org.za.
We will notify our data subjects of any confirmed data breaches that have occurred and where personal information has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised person.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.