Wood Chemicals SA (Pty) Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of PG Bison, supplies Formaldehyde and Formaldehyde based Resins into more than 30 different industries throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
Founded in 2000 and purchased by PG Bison in 2008, Woodchem has built a strong reputation over the last two decades through its quality products and service excellence.
In 2007, Woodchem expanded by adding an additional 64 ton resin reactor and an additional formaldehyde plant to double its formaldehyde production capacity to 33,292 tons 100% Formaldehyde per annum. This Formaldehyde production increase also enabled the expansion into paper impregnation.
The 4 resin reactors on site enables Woodchem a production capacity of 121,939 tons of UF resins per annum.
- Continuous Process: Woodchem manufactures Formaldehyde gas through a Catalytic Oxidation of methanol and absorption of the Formaldehyde gas into water or Urea water to produce Formaldehyde or Urea Formaldehyde Concentrate (UFC)
- Batch Process: Manufacturing of UF and MUF Resins in 4x Resin Reactors as well as laminating Syrups in 2x Syrup Reactors
- 33,292 tons 100% Formaldehyde
- 121,939 tons Resin
- Methanol : 41,250 tons
- Urea : 44,000 tons
- Melamine : 2,400 tons
- Formaldehyde 45/5
- Formaldehyde 37/7
- Urea Formaldehyde Resin
- Melamine Urea Formaldehyde Resin
- UF Syrup and MF Syrup
- Solution orientated
- Responsive to customers’ needs
- Relationship focussed
- Attention to detail
- Quality product
- Competitive in the market